The role of the Front End Development Intern is to assist and support the Steelers Technology Department in the maintenance and development of hardware, software and other systems. The intern will work with our applications developer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks and potentially how it works. Responsibilities for the position include assisting in the identification, research and resolution of user technology issues in regards to printers/computer/phones as well as assisting in the front end development of various in-house applications.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop new user-facing features for in-house web applications.
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
• Assisting in the creation and maintenance of custom applications.
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
• Responding to and handling the organizations Help Desk calls to completion.
• Backing up, imaging, and re-imaging PC’s.
• Assisting with the support of hardware and software issues as they arise.
• Assist in hardware and software inventory.
• Plan, design and implement special projects at the direction of IT Staff.
• Other Duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• Knowledge and experience with the following:
- Adobe Suite of Products
- Photoshop, illustrator, InDesign, etc.
- .NET framework, C#, ASP.NET development, Entity Framework, SQL Server
•Familiarity with Visual Studio, .Net Framework, C#, and ASP.Net MVC
•Understanding of front-end web architecture and front end data-binding in particular AngularJS and Bootstrap.
•Basic knowledge of PC Hardware and troubleshooting hardware failures.
•Experience with Microsoft Office suite of applications.
•Experience supporting Microsoft Windows and Apple OSX/macOS.
•Be detail oriented and have good communication skills.
•Basic knowledge of computer networks (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS) and Wi-Fi.
•Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Web Development or a related field with a strong technical background.
•Self-starter needing little direction. Flexible and able to handle multiple tasks concurrently while meeting aggressive deadlines.
•Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and a desire to learn and implement new technologies.