The Washington Redskins are seeking a qualified individual to work in our "state of the art" kitchen and join our kitchen staff as a Lead Line Cook.
The Lead Line Cook is expected to:
- Have sound technical skills and be willing to learn and grow
- Learn to work on every station on the line, place orders with all of our purveyors, and learn all the ins and outs of our kitchen
- Be self-motivated and willing to tackle any project in the kitchen
- Follow all safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
- Maintain a clean work area at all times
- Anticipate guest levels rising or falling and maintain dining room appearance
- Complete routine cleaning assignments
- Safely and properly handle all kitchen equipment and small wares
- Keep involved in the back of the house and check and recheck station and counters for cleanliness
- Plan ahead and be organized
Day to day job duties include but are not limited to:
- Check for quality of product and freshness. Alert the Executive Chef to anything that does not seem "First Class"
- Set up breakfast, lunch and dinner line station and maintain appearance and quality of food product on line so only "First Class" dishes are served
- Work alongside the Executive Chef and Sous Chef in preparing dishes for each meal service
- Follow through on daily prep and/or production list that are given for the day and double check any items that may be below or not up to given standards
- Keep up on all cleaning and preventative maintenance list and follow up with Executive Chef if something appears out of ordinary
- Work alongside Executive and Sous Chef in maintaining storage and walk ins so the product is put away and rotated following FIFO standard
- Ensure that anything produced from a production sheet is labeled and put in appropriate place
- Make sure that any item that is prepared in the kitchen is prepared in accordance with given food safety standards and follow only the highest standards
- Keep station organized for speed of service and place prep items to be used in cold reach ins
- Keep all storage areas organized and up to date following a FIFO standard and basic food service handling
- Maintain uniform standards and follow scheduled in times
We have a brick oven, woks, a smoker, circulators, as well as the latest in high-end equipment to explore and have fun with. If you wish to become a part of this dynamic, fast paced organization and you meet the requirements listed above, please respond with a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.