The Washington Redskins Communications Department offers public relations internships for the duration of training camp. The intern will have the opportunity to learn about the responsibilities of a National Football League communications staff while working as a member of the department and assisting in its day-to-day functions.
Interns must be able to work extended hours including some nights and weekends. A background in public/media relations or sport management is strongly encouraged. Candidates must possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Aid in facilitation and coordination of player and coach interviews.
- Assist in transcription and distribution of daily quotes.
- Facilitate various requests by media members for information, statistics, etc.
- Assist in distribution of credentials.
- Oversee daily newspaper clips and their distribution.
- Maintain the media room, keeping it fully stocked with updated team information.
- Research statistical information for management, coaches, scouts and internal departments as needed.
- General office work to include email, phones, faxes, sending packages, etc.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Communications staff.
Intern Candidate Requirements:
- Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate/graduate student.
- Candidate MUST receive college credit in order to qualify for this internship – proof of credit letter from your College or University is required.
- Polite, positive, self-starter who works well with others.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Can work independently when given a task and have the focus to follow through & follow-up if problems arise.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite proficient).
- Proactive in asking questions when needed.
- Team player, humble enough to handle a variety of tasks; no job beneath them.
- Ability to handle physical requirements of job including setting up equipment for events and other light to medium lifting.
- Ability to interact with players, staff and the community in a professional manner.
- Proven experience to appropriately work with and around confidential information is necessary.
Reports to: Senior Vice President; Director of Communications; Media Services Coordinator; Corporate Communications Manager
If you wish to become a part of this dynamic, fast-paced organization and you meet the requirements listed above, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume.