The Washington Redskins are seeking qualified individuals to join the Community Relations/Charitable Foundation Department as an Intern. The right individual will be able to work as part of a team or individually. The ideal candidate must be able to receive college credit for a semester- long internship experience. This is a full-time internship (40 hours a week) that would begin in Ashburn, VA and end in Richmond, VA for Training Camp.
Overview of Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation and Community Relations Department
The Redskins Charitable Foundation is ever-present in the community, constantly working to achieve our mission to make a positive and measurable impact in the lives of children that need it most.
Since Redskins owners Dan and Tanya Snyder created the Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation in 2000, we have given back nearly $20M to the community and currently provide support and services to more than 190,000 individuals (mostly children) annually, focusing on supporting education, children’s health and wellness and preparing them for their future.
Assisting in the coordination and implementation of Charitable Foundation and Community Relations Department programs and events including, but not limited to:
- Special Event Assistance – Support entire department around summer special events, including Redskins Back to School Fair and Special Olympics Flag Football Season Opener
- Training Camp – Assist in the planning and execution of Training Camp Special Events, including Kids Day, Redskins Flag Football Clinic and Mom’s Clinic. Other Training Camp duties include:
- Hosting WRCF guests and sponsors in VIP hospitality area
- Scheduling of local youth groups to attend open practice days
- Coordinating other daily training camp Community Relations and Charitable events as needed
- Research Projects – Assist with researching various youth programs and potential non-profit partners throughout the DC Metro Area.
- Social Media Assistance – Create thoughtful and engaging posts for the Redskins Charitable Foundation’s Twitter and Instagram accounts
- 2017 Pre-Season Home Games Responsibility – Assist at home pre-season games for the Redskins Charitable Foundation, duties could include coordinating youth teams or organizations, delivering in-game fan packs, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Intern Candidate Requirements:
- Full-time undergraduate/graduate student
- Candidate MUST receive college credit in order to qualify for this internship – proof of credit letter from your College or University is required
- Polite, positive, self-starter who works well with others
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong writing skills – writing sample may be required
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Can work independently when given a task and have the focus to follow through & follow-up if problems arise
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite proficient)
- Proactive in asking questions when needed
- Team player, humble enough to handle a variety of tasks; no job beneath them
- Ability to handle physical requirements of job including setting up equipment for events and other light to medium lifting
- Ability to interact with players, staff, and the community in a professional manner
- Proven experience to appropriately work with and around confidential information is necessary
Reports to: Community & Charitable Programs Staff