The Washington Redskins Marketing Department is seeking a Business Development Intern to assist with sponsor research and sales strategy development during Summer 2017. Candidate must be able to work a minimum of 25 hours per week and also may be asked to work extended hours during Washington Redskins special events.
This individual will have the opportunity to learn about the responsibilities of a National Football League Marketing Department by working as a member of the team and supporting in its day-to-day operations.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Manage and maintain lists and client databases
· Research potential corporate partners and monitor industry trends
· Assist in pitch preparation and development of sales materials
· Assist with ESPN980/Redskins Radio sales materials
· Assist in planning and execution of sponsor-related events
· Assist with planning of 2017 regular season sponsor elements
· Interact professionally with both clients and fans
· Must be able to receive college credit (graduate or undergraduate) for the internship
· Ability to commute to Redskins Park located in Ashburn, VA
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Above average computer skills in Microsoft Suite
· Proven experience to appropriately work with and around confidential information
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.