The Washington Redskins are seeking qualified individuals to join the Community Relations/Charitable Foundation Department as an intern. The individual will have the opportunity to learn about the responsibilities of a National Football League Community Relations Department and Charitable Foundation by working as a member of the team and assisting in its day-to-day operations.
It is preferable that the intern is able to start on or around May 22, 2017. Candidate MUST be able to work at least 40 hours a week. The ideal candidate will be able to receive college credit for a year-long internship experience; however, exceptional applicants only available for one semester internships will still be considered.
Assisting in the coordination and implementation of Charitable Foundation and Community Relations Department programs and events including, but not limited to:
· Assist in the planning, coordination and promotion of multiple high-profile events including but not limited to the Redskins 56th annual Welcome Home Luncheon, the only time the entire Redskins organization gathers for a single event off the field and the Foundation’s largest event, and the Redskins Runway Show.
· Assist with the development, marketing and promotion, and ultimately the execution of numerous fundraising initiatives including but not limited to the Redskins Breast Cancer Awareness t-shirt campaign and Redskins License Plate program.
· Manage specific aspects of the Foundation’s 50/50 Raffle program during the planning process ahead of the 2017 season including but not limited to developing a marketing and promotion plan, hiring of gameday staff, coordinating with volunteer groups, and much more.
· Manage all event Silent Auctions including strategy development, marketing and promotion, and management of item procurement through relationship building with local businesses and organizations.
· Aid the Development team in designing new communication strategies including but not limited to the Foundation’s social media presence (Twitter and Instagram) and e-newsletter platforms.
- Support the Development team in the execution of Foundation sponsorship contracts including print advertising, special events, hospitality and in-game promotion.
· Work directly with the Director of Special Events on business development.
· Manage select event vendor relationships on behalf of the Foundation.
· Write articles for team publications.
Intern Candidate Requirements:
- Full-time undergraduate/graduate student
- Candidate MUST receive college credit in order to qualify for this internship – proof of credit letter from your College or University is required
- Polite, positive, self-starter who works well with others
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong writing skills – a 1 to 3 page writing sample will be required
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite proficient)
- Team player, humble enough to handle a variety of tasks; no job beneath them
- Ability to interact with players, staff, donors, and the community in a professional manner
- Proven experience to appropriately work with and around confidential information is necessary
Reports to: Development Coordinator, Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation
If you wish to become a part of this dynamic, fast-paced organization and you meet the requirements listed above, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.