Cashiers are responsible for greeting, collecting money, keeping an accurate account, and providing receipts and correct change to guests who pay for game day parking. Cashiers are also responsible for checking the authenticity and removing the stub from all parking passes as prepaid vehicles enter the stadium lots. Cashiers will be responsible for avoiding any damages to hand held devices issued for credit card and cash transaction, Sunpass transactions and parking pass/barcode scanning. Cashiers will also provide first-class customer service and direction to guests while maintaining appearance standards set forth by the Miami Dolphins.
- Prior cashier and customer service experience are required.
- Ability to handle large amounts of money.
- Accountable for the accurate balance of money based on the number of tickets sold versus the amount of money collected.
- Capacity to expedite cash transactions in a timely manner while still attending to guests needs.
- Ability to be trained in the operational functions of traffic control management
- Ability to be trained in the use of hand held devices used for credit card and cash transaction, Sunpass transactions and parking pass/barcode scanning.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays in all weather conditions.
- Ability to communicate with and understand instructions from management.
- Ability to bend, stand, lift 15 lbs., and maneuver throughout the stadium parking lots for long periods of time.
- Ability to speak Spanish helpful but not necessary.
- High School diploma preferred but not necessary.
Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions required.
If interested please apply here and contact Donald Rubio at 305-943-6503 or email at email@example.com