Eagles Charitable Foundation is a 501(c) 3 non-profit supported primarily by the Philadelphia Eagles, Eagles fans and corporate sponsors.
The Philadelphia Eagles are known as one of the more progressive organizations in professional sports and have come to be considered one of the most storied sports franchises in history. As an organization the Philadelphia Eagles is both an exciting and demanding place to work fueled by passion, dedication, and a commitment to the community.
Lincoln Financial Field is one of the premier sports and entertainment facilities in the United States. In addition to being the home of the Philadelphia Eagles, the stadium plays host to numerous other events, providing an unmatched spectator experience for over 65,000 fans. Lincoln Financial Field is maintained and managed by over 50 professionals working together to provide the highest quality sports and entertainment experience in a safe, clean, and friendly environment.
Family Engagement Coordinator, Eagles Eye Mobile
Under the direction of the Director of Vision Programs, the Family Engagement Coordinator will work directly with school nurses and with the parents/guardians of children identified on the Eagles Eye Mobile program as needing additional follow-up care at a pediatric ophthalmologist. The Family Engagement Coordinator will help to facilitate the scheduling of referral appointments at one of three partner hospitals and provide families with the resources to continue the care beyond this initial appointment. The Family Engagement Coordinator will also oversee the Eagles Eye Street Team.
- Coordinate with partner hospitals (St. Chris, CHOP, and Wills Eye) to schedule clinic visits and provide student paperwork and exam results.
- Make reminder phone calls to parents/guardians the day before the children’s scheduled ophthalmology follow-up appointments to decrease absenteeism.
- Attend all referral clinic visits to serve as liaison on-site between schools and hospitals and handle on-site paperwork.
- Place referral glasses orders via electronic health records database after clinic visits.
- Communicate results of ophthalmology visit with parents and educate on updated diagnosis and provide necessary information and resources if additional follow-up is needed.
- Support with data collection
- Support at community outreach events
- Educate parents about the Eagles Eye Mobile, the free service it provides, and the follow-up service available for children who need it.
- Follow-up and make direct contact with parents/guardians to educate on preliminary diagnosis for children identified as needing to be referred to a pediatric ophthalmologist after being examined on the Eagles Eye Mobile.
- Schedule buses and work with nurses to coordinate chaperones for referral clinic visits.
Background in Social Work/Social Services
A valid Pennsylvania drivers’ license, a Pennsylvania criminal background check, and a completed child abuse clearance form
Have the ability & comfort level to travel from school to school, and neighborhood to neighborhood
Be knowledgeable or willing to gain knowledge on insurance plan information and how to access vision benefits.
Be knowledgeable or willing to gain knowledge on children’s vision care conditions and treatment.
Be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel; knowledge of database applications preferred; Have a demonstrated record of being communicative, organized, methodical, independent, conscientious, & self-motivated
* This is a Permanent, Part-Time position*