The Detroit Lions are currently seeking a Senior New Media Producer. This position is based out of the Allen Park Training Facility located in Allen Park, Michigan. This position will report to the Senior Director of Corporate Communications & New Media.
Senior New Media Producer position is responsible coordinating and producing multimedia content and graphics for all Detroit Lions media platforms. This will include conceptualization, planning, videography, editing and overall production of engaging video and graphic content for the team’s content platforms.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
Senior New Media Producer position will have daily responsibilities including, without limitation, the following:
- Develop, capture visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline for all content platforms
- Develop and design motion graphics for content across multiple platforms including but not limited to Detroitlions.com, team social media platforms and select content for marketing content collateral, team broadcast programming and in-game presentation
- Assist Director of New Media with special projects from football staff (i.e. team highlight reels).
- Assist in advising team of producers and interns on all video content and scheduling
- Coordinate with New Media Director and Managing Editor of Detroitlions.com on content plan for all web video content
- Work with content production team to schedule, reserve and assign resources for Detroitlions.com video content production during scheduled team media availability
- Upload/post finished product to the team’s digital properties and social media profiles
- Collaborate with team Multimedia Journalist to deliver impactful pieces of content to help reach the department’s overall annual content goals across all platforms
- Translate high-level ideas from project owners and convert same to production treatments
- Assist Detroitlions.com writers and staff in multimedia to complement written articles
- Must be available to work extended hours during the NFL season, training camp and NFL Draft, including holidays
- Must be capable of travel to some away games and other Lions events
- Strong video and graphic editing skills required
- Must be motivated, reliable, and able to work independently or as part of a team
- Maintain professionalism when communicating with internal and external contacts
- Must be accurate and efficient with ability to meet deadlines
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- The ability to gather and analyze information skillfully and develop solutions quickly and effectively
- Will adjust work schedule to meet departmental demands
- Will keep appropriate information confidential
- Will accept other responsibilities and duties required by the supervisor consistent with the objectives and essential functions of this position
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in content creation and motion graphics
- Advance knowledge of editing software; including Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Final Cut, CS5.
- Bachelor degree in Broadcast Production, Communications or related field. Experience may be considered in lieu of a formal degree
- Professional experience in video production, sports or news environment with a strong knowledge of the game of football
- Understanding of video encoding, codecs and formatting projects for appropriate channels
- Proficient at posting content to various websites (CMS)
- Evidence of creativity and innovation in developing project and story ideas
- Evidence of highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgment and journalistic ethics
- Demonstrated strong organization and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability and willingness to work flexible and non-traditional schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays in a fast-paced environment
- Experience operating multiple types of HD cameras is required
- Experience serving as a completely independent segment producer is preferred
- Ability to draft breaking news-based scripts is preferred
- General understanding of NFL rules, teams, players and culture is required
- A reel accessible online (i.e. Youtube or Vimeo) that shows you can manage a project from start to finish is required.
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
Please provide a copy of your resume along with a cover letter detailing your interest and related experience to the position. Those that do not provide a cover letter will not be considered.
NO EMAIL OR CALL INQUIRIES PLEASE.
Due to the high volume or resumes received, we regret that we are unable to update candidates on the status of their application. Those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer