Summary: USA Football is seeking a highly motivated person who will serve as a member of the Education Team and work to improve USA Football’s digial and clinic resources. This may include the Heads Up Football player safety program for both youth and high school, our coach education and courses and the testing of USA Football’s player and coach development strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Education Department in the gathering of information that will support our comparative analysis to identify opportunities in the marketplace.
- Support the deployment and testing of USA Football’s American Development Model, including data gathering and compiling; writing/editing program resources (rules, coach resources, administrative resources)
- Analyze and udpate coaching education materials that support online course and clinic development, working with inhouse experts and strategic content partners.
- Manage on-field GPS testing initiative of youth football athletes that will take place in Indianapolis and surrounding areas.
- Assist in producing online course creation, including work within a Learning Management System.
- Assist in producing online video and blog education, including work in a Content Management System.
- Other duties as assigned by the Sr. Manager of Education.
Education: Recent graduate (within past 6 months) or current college student
- Self-starter who is motivated to work as a member of a team environment
- Experience in research and data collection preferred
- Football experience is preferred but not required
- Must have personal transportation as position requires local travel
- Internship begins September 5, 2017 and ends December 29, 2017
- Internship is full-time (40 hours/week)
- Interns receive a $775 monthly stipend plus parking allowance
- Reports to Senior Manager, Education and Training
- Position will be located at USA Football’s headquarters based in Indianapolis, IN
- Must secure housing and transportation in Indianapolis
- USA Football supports interns seeking academic credit
- Interns must identify learning goals and work with supervisor to achieve goals
- Examine the organization and its industry/environment
- Analyze and interpret functions and responsibilities
- Observe professionals in various roles and participate with them where appropriate
- Apply academic learning to practical and professional work experiences
- Learn how to perform specific tasks
NO PHONE CALLS – UNSOLICITED CALLS AND EMAILS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
About USA Football
USA Football (www.usafootball.com) evolves and grows the sport through innovative standards and best practices to advance coach and player development, participation and safety within the fun of the game and its inherent values. As the sport’s national governing body and member of the U.S. Olympic Committee, USA Football partners with leaders in medicine, child advocacy and athletics to support positive football experiences for youth, high school and other amateur players. Follow USA Football at www.facebook.com/usafootball or on Twitter @USAFootball.
USA Football provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.