Summary: USA Football is looking for a driven, skilled individual to contribute to our digital content team with a social media emphasis. Our social media intern will have the opportunity to learn new skills and make a big contribution to a number of exciting products and brands.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in posting content to and maintenance of USA Football social media accounts
- Assist in creation of social media content, including video, photos and blog posts
- Monitor social media channels and Internet for mentions of USA Football and discussions on related keywords
- Collaborate on innovate social media projects and contesting to promote engagement and grow fanbase
- Work on the build and deployment of email marketing campaigns
- Assist in creating campaign reports as needed
Education: Recent graduate (within past 6 months) or current student pursuing a degree in journalism, digital media production, sports management or related area
- Blogging, Copywriting and Editing
- Social Media
- Quality written communication skills, experience with video, photo
- Familiarity with social media required, use beyond personal accounts preferred
- Detail oriented and organized
- Internship begins September 5, 2017 and ends December 8, 2017
- Internship is full-time (40 hours/week)
- Interns receive a $775 monthly stipend plus parking allowance
- Reports to Director, Content
- Position will be located at USA Football’s headquarters based in Indianapolis, IN
- Must secure housing and transportation in Indianapolis
- USA Football supports interns seeking academic credit
- Interns must identify learning goals and work with supervisor to achieve goals
- Examine the organization and its industry/environment
- Analyze and interpret functions and responsibilities
- Observe professionals in various roles and participate with them where appropriate
- Apply academic learning to practical and professional work experiences
- Learn how to perform specific tasks
NO PHONE CALLS – UNSOLICITED CALLS AND EMAILS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
About USA Football
USA Football (www.usafootball.com) evolves and grows the sport through innovative standards and best practices to advance coach and player development, participation and safety within the fun of the game and its inherent values. As the sport’s national governing body and member of the U.S. Olympic Committee, USA Football partners with leaders in medicine, child advocacy and athletics to support positive football experiences for youth, high school and other amateur players. Follow USA Football at www.facebook.com/usafootball or on Twitter @USAFootball.
USA Football provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.