Summary: USA Football is seeking a highly motivated person who will serve as the fall intern for the NFL FLAG program. The position will assist with providing top level customer service to leagues across the country as well as assist with tournament registrations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide customer service to NFL FLAG leagues and prospects including fulfillment coordination, product and order inquiries, and website navigation inquiries
- Assist with regional and national youth flag football tournament operations and team registrations
Education: Recent graduate (within past 6 months) or current college student
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – prior customer service skills a plus
- Organizational skills including ability to handle a high volume of detail-oriented work
- Familiarity with various computer applications (databases, online transaction management systems) a plus
- Prior event operations experience a plus (football/flag football experience a bonus)
- Demonstrated teamwork and work ethic
- Internship begins September 5, 2017 and ends December 8, 2017
- Internship is full-time (40 hours/week)
- Interns receive a $775 monthly stipend plus parking allowance
- Reports to Manager, NFL FLAG
- Position will be located at USA Football’s headquarters based in Indianapolis, IN
- Must secure housing and transportation in Indianapolis
- USA Football supports interns seeking academic credit
- Interns must identify learning goals and work with supervisor to achieve goals
- Examine the organization and its industry/environment
- Analyze and interpret functions and responsibilities
- Observe professionals in various roles and participate with them where appropriate
- Apply academic learning to practical and professional work experiences
- Learn how to perform specific tasks
NO PHONE CALLS – UNSOLICITED CALLS AND EMAILS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
About USA Football
USA Football (www.usafootball.com) evolves and grows the sport through innovative standards and best practices to advance coach and player development, participation and safety within the fun of the game and its inherent values. As the sport’s national governing body and member of the U.S. Olympic Committee, USA Football partners with leaders in medicine, child advocacy and athletics to support positive football experiences for youth, high school and other amateur players. Follow USA Football at www.facebook.com/usafootball or on Twitter @USAFootball.
USA Football provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.