Summary: The USA Football Events team seeks to hire a dedicated individual who will assist with planning and execution of USA Football’s portfolio of events including US National Team events, and USA Football’s National Conference from September 2017 through February 2018.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Event Team with operational and logistical planning for events such as International Bowl, USA Football National Conference, and Regional Development Camps.
- Assist with on-site execution of International Bowl Week and USA Football National Conference
- Manage event elements such as event registration, hotel operations, catering F&B, equipment ordering, asset movement, inventory, organization of storage unit, and event teardown/setup.
- Work directly with suppliers, facilities, hotels, and catering partners.
- Recruit volunteers to assist with all of USA Football events.
- Work in collaboration with various USA Football Departments which supports events including Marketing, Communications, Football Development, Legal, Digital, and Finance
Education: Recent graduate (within past 6 months) or current student pursuing a degree in business, sports management or related area
- Recent graduate or current student in business, sports management or related area
- Experience with a sports team, athletic department or event operations is preferred
- Detail-oriented and organized; ability to multi-task and solve problems (including hands on problems)
- Quality writing and communication skills
- Organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and work ethic
- Interns receive a $775 monthly stipend plus parking allowance
- Internship begins September 5, 2017 and ends Februrary 2, 2018
- Reports to Senior Manager, Events
- Position will be located at USA Football’s headquarters based in Indianapolis, IN
- Must secure housing and transportation in Indianapolis
- USA Football supports interns seeking academic credit
- Interns must identify learning goals and work with supervisor to achieve goals
- Examine the organization and its industry/environment
- Analyze and interpret functions and responsibilities
- Observe professionals in various roles and participate with them where appropriate
- Apply academic learning to practical and professional work experiences
- Learn how to perform specific tasks
NO PHONE CALLS – UNSOLICITED CALLS AND EMAILS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
About USA Football
USA Football (www.usafootball.com) evolves and grows the sport through innovative standards and best practices to advance coach and player development, participation and safety within the fun of the game and its inherent values. As the sport’s national governing body and member of the U.S. Olympic Committee, USA Football partners with leaders in medicine, child advocacy and athletics to support positive football experiences for youth, high school and other amateur players. Follow USA Football at www.facebook.com/usafootball or on Twitter @USAFootball.
USA Football provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.