The CFO is responsible for directing the fiscal functions and operations of the non-profit organization in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry. Additionally, the CFO will provide strategic financial counsel and leadership to achieve the organizational mission, goals and strategic plan in conjunction with the CEO and leadership team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Direct and monitor the implementation of strategic business plans by forecasting the financial impact of current and new products to the organization, determining cash flow and operational needs, for both short-term and long-term.
- Continuously analyze and optimize the growth and profitability of the business by customer, product and geography. Identify and drive the necessary changes across the organization including new projects/initiatives.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO/Executive Director, the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Communicate our financial strengths, and ideas, plans and financial status effectively with a Board of Directors, outside stakeholders, employees and peers.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies, procedures and internal controls of the organization by way of systems that will safeguard the financial assets of the company & improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the non-profit organization.
- Participate in the financial structuring, due diligence, and negotiation of partnerships, acquisitions, products and new development.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- As part of the Leadership Team, help colleagues appreciate the financial status, budgets and opportunities of USA Football.
- Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
- Develop and maintain highly productive and strategic external relationships and partnerships for the benefit of the organization
- Oversee the timely preparation of internal & external financial statements and reports, tax & regulatory filings in accordance with generally accepted & mandated standards.
- Serve as one of the trustees and oversee administration and financial reporting of the organization’s retirement plans.
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
Work Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience at a senior level
- Must have private sector experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
- MBA or CPA
- Non-Profit experience
- This is a full-time position located in Indianapolis, IN
- Employees receive full benefits and paid time off
- Reasonable accommodation may be to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
USA Football provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
About USA Football: USA Football designs and delivers premier educational, developmental and competitive programs to advance and grow the sport. As the sport’s national governing body, member of the U.S. Olympic Committee and organizer of the U.S. National Team for international competition, USA Football partners with leaders in medicine, child advocacy and athletics to support positive football experiences for youth, high school and other amateur players. Follow us on Facebook or on Twitter.
Please, no phone calls regarding this posting.
Phone calls cannot be returned.