JOB SUMMARY: The Systems Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners..
1. Conducting server builds.
2. Installing operating system software, patches and upgrades
3. Configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning and monitoring operating system software and servers
4. Analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving system hardware, software and networking issues.
5. Implementing and maintaining data security best practices.
6. Performing routine maintenance on SQL databases.
7. Supporting various server and cloud-base applications.
8. Configuring and maintaining enterprise storage solutions.
9. Implementing monitoring and alerting solutions.
10. Verifying enterprise data backups have completed successfully and maintain data integrity.
11. Performing data or system recovery as needed.
12. Verifying all hardware is in proper working order for servers, network equipment, telecommunication equipment, and all peripherals.
13. Documenting all calls and projects in a tracking system.
14. Verifying any problems or projects have been followed up and completed.
15. Troubleshooting and maintaining telecommunication systems.
16. Assisting in the ordering of new equipment and upgrades of existing equipment.
17. Troubleshooting network printing problems.
1. Analytical Skills-Synthesize information; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs and generates creative solutions.
2. Problem Solving-Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully. Must be able to develop solutions quickly and effectively.
3. Technical Skills-Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Share skills with others and recognizes training opportunities for staff.
4. Oral Communications-Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification. Demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings.
5. Written Communications- Writes clearly and informatively.
6. Innovation-Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
7. Judgment-Displays willingness to make decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision making process.
8. Motivation-Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and encourages others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
1. Light office duties and activities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS):
1. Any combination of education and training equivalent to possession of a bachelor's degree in computer science, information engineering or other related areas
2. 3-5 years’ experience in all areas of local and wide area networks management and administration including system configuration, setup, troubleshooting, planning, designing, implementation, and user support; experience installing and supporting Microsoft server technologies; experience supporting telecommunications equipment.
3. Professional certifications such as the Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE).
4. Experience with support/configuration of the following:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- DNS & DHCP
- Group Policy
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Software Update Services
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Email Filtering
- Microsoft System Center
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Great Plains
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Microsoft Printer Sharing
- VMware Virtualization products or Microsoft Hyper V
- NetApp Appliances or other storage area networks
5. Responsibilities may require evening, weekend, and holiday work in response to needs of supported systems and users.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE!