The Washington Redskins Operations Department offers season-long (August through February) internships. The internships are designed for either undergraduate or graduate students and are unpaid positions. All candidates must be able to receive course-credit for the internship. The intern will have the opportunity to learn about the responsibilities of a National Football League operations staff while working as a member of the department and assisting in its day-to-day functions.
Interns must be able to work extended hours including some nights and weekends. A background in sports management is strongly encouraged.
The Washington Redskins are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
- Provide assistance during the NFL season as needed in the areas of: Game Day Set-Up, Guest Services, Accreditation, Hospitality, etc.
- Assist in the day-to-day management of other (Non-NFL) events at FedExField
- Provide support to the department through the creation and management of various projects
- Provide outstanding customer service to Redskins fans by answering all questions as necessary
- General office work to include email, phones, faxes, sending packages, etc.
- Assist with general logistics such as inventory management, etc.
- Perform additional duties as required by the Operations staff
- Full-time undergraduate/graduate student (Highly recommend that completion of internship is the last requirement necessary for graduation)
- Candidate MUST receive college credit in order to qualify for this internship – proof of credit letter from your College or University is required
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Polite, positive, self-starter who can work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong work ethic
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office proficient)
- Team player able to handle a variety of tasks
- Ability to handle physical requirements of job including setting up equipment for events and other light to medium lifting. Must be able to stand for long periods of and walk long distances
- Proven experience to appropriately work with and around confidential information is necessary
If you wish to become a part of this dynamic, fast-paced organization and you meet the requirements listed above, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume.