The Washington Redskins are seeking qualified individuals to join the Community Relations/Charitable Foundation Department as a part-time Street Team Member for the Redskins FITT Program. The right individuals will be able to work as part of a team or individually.
Overview of Redskins FITT
In 2016, the Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation, in partnership with the District of Columbia Public Schools and the American Diabetes Association®, introduced Redskins FITT (Frequency, Intensity, Time & Type)– A youth health & wellness initiative. The program is currently implemented in select middle schools across the DC/Metro Area.
Redskins FITT is designed to encourage a healthy lifestyle and assist middle school students in the development of their personal fitness goals. Students track their progress in the Redskins FITTbook, an interactive workbook that includes lessons on physical activity, nutrition and cognitive development.
Participating schools have the opportunity to request up to two (2) Redskins FITT Workshops during the school year. Each visit lasts between 60 and 90 minutes and provides activities related to the FITT curriculum. Workshop topics include:
· Physical Activity
· Nutrition Education
· Cognitive Development
Street Team Member Responsibilities:
- Facilitate and execute Redskins FITT workshops at middle schools in the DC/Metro Area during the 2017-2018 school year
o Potential workshop locations will include Washington D.C., Fairfax County, Loudoun County and Prince George’s County
- Create a positive, encouraging and fun environment, while teaching important lessons on physical activity, nutrition and cognitive development
- Promote the Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation in a professional and respectful manner while leading Redskins FITT Workshops
- Provide assistance at other Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation special events as requested
Street Team Member Candidate Requirements:
- Reside in the DC Metro area
- Must be able to work at least ten (10) workshops over the course of the school year (**please note: workshops will take place during the week between the hours of 9:00AM – 2:00PM**)
- Must be able to pass a background check, drug test and have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be available during the months of September 2017 – May 2018
- Preferred experience in Sports/Recreation Management, Kinesiology, or Physical Education
- Team player, able to handle a variety of tasks
- Upbeat and outgoing attitude
- Ability to handle physical requirements of job including setting up equipment for events and other light to medium lifting
- Ability to interact with players, staff, and the community in a professional manner