JOB SUMMARY: The Electrician will be involved in all phases of the Building Electrical Distribution System as well as connecting and maintaining various telecommunications apparatus and components, including assembling related equipment used in providing voice, data, CATV, card systems, coach headsets, fire alarm, security camera and special circuits.
1. Install, Troubleshoot, Repair, Test and perform Preventative Maintenance for:
· Building distribution equipment, including, but not limited to, single phase, low voltage systems and lighting, single and three phase equipment to High Voltage Substation Equipment.
· Fire Alarm and Security systems.
· Concession stand equipment.
· Television, Audio, Wireless Networking and Fiber Optics (Data, Phone and Comm wiring).
· Game Day Head-sets, CATV services install and subscriber location assistance, handling phone line dry-pairs for TV trucks. (Travel may be required to assist away games if necessary)
2. Assist other Engineering disciplines when deemed necessary by the Stadium Systems Manager.
3. Additional responsibilities as assigned.
1. Technical Skills-Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
2. Problem Solving-Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully. Must be able to develop solutions quickly and effectively. Show flexibility in problem solving.
3. Oral Communications-Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification. Demonstrates group presentation skills, participates in meetings and is willing to accept critical feedback.
4. Judgment-Displays willingness to make decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision making process.
5. Motivation-Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and encourages others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
1. Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends, and holidays.
2. Perform manual labor for extended periods; often on a ladder and overhead. Repetitive bending and lifting of items with repetitive arm movements.
3. Ability to push and pull objects, reach, bend, sit and/or stand, climb, balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
4. Must be able to walk long distances and stand.
5. Must be able to lift/carry objects weighing 25+ lbs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS):
1. High school education/GED equivalent required, Associate Degree preferred in electrical/electronics.
2. Journeyman experience preferred.
3. 5 years’ experience in the installation, repair and maintenance of electrical systems.
4. Must have proven knowledge of electrical installation and repair methods, procedures and equipment, safety practices, troubleshooting and installation methods and procedures.
5. Ability to identify, diagnoses, and correct major electrical problems.
6. Valid Driver’s License.
7. Candidate must be a team player and have the ability to work effectively and professionally when working independently.
8. Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility and governed by state and federal law.
9. Provides excellent level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
10. Must be able to determine the neatness, accuracy and thoroughness of the work assigned.
11. Report to work each day and on time, and work extra hours when needed.
The Kansas City Chiefs Football Club is an equal opportunity employer, which appreciates and welcomes a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE