Foundation Development Manager
The Foundation Development Manager will oversee fundraising for the Minnesota Vikings Foundation and relations with all donors. The position will also be responsible for handling all community driven team grants. This will include grant applications to support the team’s philanthropic work while also managing team foundation grant distributions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Aggressively seek new funding sources and maintain relationships with past and existing donors.
- Cultivate all options for growing Foundation donors and creating an analytical system for maximizing the value of these contacts.
- Research and identify potential grant opportunities to support team and foundation community programming.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of all grant applications while ensuring a system of tracking and oversight for the Vikings executive team.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to identify areas of economic support for team programs and projects. This includes exploring corporate partner and sales opportunities.
- Develop a tracking system to properly identify all team corporate and philanthropic financial giving. Manage and communicate aspects of this internal process.
- Implement the system for tracking and executing donation requests both for the team and Foundation.
- Restructure the process by which the non-profit entity of the team solicits, processes, fulfills, and measures the impact of grant-giving.
- Work with the events team to create fan driven opportunities to raise Foundation funds. This would include management of traditional events such as the golf tournament and Taste of the Vikings while developing new options.
- Minimum of a four year degree.
- Required four years of experience in the areas of annual giving, capital campaigns, foundation/corporation solicitations, deferred giving, or grant writing.
- Fundraising experience in a non-profit setting.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- High character and strong work ethic.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and follow through to completion.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
CONFIDENTIALITY REQUIREMENTS: This position requires the individual to have access to confidential records and information. To successfully perform this position, confidentiality of the information with which the individual has contact must be maintained.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift approximately 25 pounds and have a basic level of fitness required with setting up and executing events and youth programming.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel locally and regionally will be required for the implementation of community activities, events, fundraising, and programming
- Maintaining a flexible schedule will be required as programming will often take place on nights and weekends. Increased hours during the course of the football season is expected.
Get MVP Insight
Stay Ahead of the Competition
With MVP Access you get "insider" information on when your application was reviewed,
how many candidates applied, blue ribbon insignia as a serious candidate, weekly
career coaching tips, plus links to load your application.
MVP Access applications are viewed 9x more frequently than non-MVP applicants (based
on data from 2011 - 2013).
See Job Insights, when you upgrade to MVP Access...
Upgrade to MVP Access
Note: This position was originally posted on the Vikings employment site. To ensure that your application is
considered for this position, please tap "Apply" below to apply for this job on the Vikings employment site.