METLIFE STADIUM is seeking a full time, HVAC Facility Technician. This position reports to the HVAC Lead Facility Technician. HVAC Lead Facility Technician
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following, other duties may be assigned.
For the New Meadowlands Stadium Company, LLC (NMSCO), the HVAC Facility Technician is responsible for performing a variety of preventive maintenance, troubleshooting duties and/or installation of HVAC, hydronic and building control systems, in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations, and compliance with organizational polices and all local, state, and federal safety regulations and standards.
- Responsible for the continuous operation, maintenance, repair and effective troubleshooting of all heating, refrigeration, air conditioning, and ventilation systems.
- Experience operating and maintaining building mechanical systems including cooling towers, chillers, compressors, motors, boilers, pumps, air handling units, DX split system cooling units, and heat pumps.
- Change filters, belts, and lubricate stadium mechanical equipment per proscribed maintenance procedures.
- Able to read and follow blueprints, design specifications and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Use industry standard hand tools and power tools to complete maintenance and repair as necessary.
- Complete all work assigned in a prompt, safe, and efficient manner.
- Coordinates with other trade's personnel and administrative staff in the identification of proper and correct materials, parts assemblies, and requirements for maintenance and repair.
- Able to inspect and diagnose problems and make corrective repairs for all building mechanical systems.
- Must keep all tools, work areas, and storage areas in a neat and professional condition.
- Will assist other building trades (carpenters, electricians, plumbers, painters, laborers, etc.) as directed and required.
- Able to work in multiple work environments (heat, cold, noise, etc.)
- Respond to emergency call activities in order to maintain a safe stadium environment at all times.
- Responsible to assist in site and building snow removal efforts as directed.
- Experience operating high reach equipment such as scissor lifts and boom lifts. Comfortable working at significant heights.
- Experience utilizing a Building Management System (BMS) required.
- Valid Driver’s License • Knowledge of local, state, and federal codes and regulations.
- Ability to work with a variety of people in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to lift 100 lbs. • Flexibility to work weekends, multiple shifts, change shifts, and work overtime as necessary or required due to emergencies and the Facility’s event calendar.
- Familiar with all OSHA regulations pertaining to standard mechanical system operation and maintenance including required lockout / tagout procedures, proper selection and use of personal protection equipment, etc.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience with electronic work order systems preferred.
- Education: High School graduate License/Certification:
- NJ Black Seal Low Pressure Boiler or higher license required. Candidates otherwise qualified will be considered but applicant must be able to obtain a NJ Black Seal Low Pressure boiler license within 180 days of employment.
- NJ Blue Seal Refrigeration or higher license and EPA Universal CFC certification preferred.
- Experience: A minimum 5-7 years experience in building mechanical system maintenance
This is a Local 274 union position. A qualified candidate who is not a member of the local will be required to join.
NOTE: This job summary was prepared for the purpose of providing an informational statement of the principal function of the position, and an outline of the basic duties and responsibilities commonly associated with the position. It is not intended to be a complete listing of all the specific duties and responsibilities that may be required to be performed by the position from time-to-time. It is also not intended to imply that the basic duties and responsibilities of the position are not subject to additions or deletions as determined by management.