Assistant Field Manager
The Oakland Raiders
The Assistant Field Manager position reports to the Director of Fields and Grounds and will work in conjunction with all grounds staff to perform a variety of work to provide a safe and aesthetically pleasing playing surface at The Oakland Raiders practice and training facility.
Essential Job Functions
- Aerate and top-dress fields.
- Apply fertilizers and pesticides to fields as needed.
- Paint and mark all fields as directed and in accordance with NFL Rules.
- Assist with inventory necessary to maintain fields.
- Maintain and up-keep of all landscape and irrigation systems.
- Assist with landscape maintenance such as pruning, mulching, weeding, etc.
- Perform field prep for events.
- Apply and remove field tarps for practices as weather dictates.
- Remove and replace sod as directed.
- Perform routine maintenance on grounds equipment.
- Assist football team with practice field needs.
- Assist in field design and measurements.
- Assist with managing and training part time employees to meet expectations set forth by Director.
- All other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Turf-grass, Horticulture or related field.
2 or more years of ground maintenance experience.
Experience working with Bermudagrass is highly desirable.
Experience working in collegiate or professional football preferred.
Ability to obtain a California Pesticide License within 1 year of employment.
Ability to stand, walk, kneel, bend, run, twist, climb and lift 75lbs for an extended period.
Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
Must be flexible regarding work hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Get MVP Insight
Stay Ahead of the Competition
With MVP Access you get "insider" information on when your application was reviewed,
how many candidates applied, blue ribbon insignia as a serious candidate, weekly
career coaching tips, plus links to load your application.
MVP Access applications are viewed 9x more frequently than non-MVP applicants (based
on data from 2011 - 2013).
See Job Insights, when you upgrade to MVP Access...
Upgrade to MVP Access
Note: This position was originally posted on the Oakland Raiders employment site. To ensure that your application is
considered for this position, please tap "Apply" below to apply for this job on the Oakland Raiders employment site.