The Editor/Motion Graphics/Videographer is responsible for creating, shooting, and editing video content to Chargers.com, Chargers social properties and in-house broadcast content. The Editor/Motion Graphics/Videographer is responsible for (i) creating new and innovative ways to use graphics in video content (ii) creating, editing and producing video content across all our platforms (iii) obtaining the proven ability to positively support the growth of the Chargers brand thru video content. The Editor/Motion Graphics/Videographer will be a part of the Digital Media Group.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conceptualize, capture, create, and maintain video content specific to Chargers.com and broadcast properties
- Ability to take videos and add a layer of graphics to help make the content stand out on social channels
- Ability to conceptualize motion graphics and animation into video content
- Create short and long-form video packages specific, but not limited to player features, community events, marketing events, cheerleader appearances, etc.
- Produce, shoot and edit documentary style content that helps tell the stories of the players, fans and staff
- Create long form and short form content for Chargers platforms
- Shoot live game footage including post-game sessions and press conferences
- Strong knowledge of social video concepts and trends
- Updating and posting video using NFL CMS
- Must be able to understand and conceptualize goals and execute the project
- Work closely with digital media staff to ensure quality, consistency, and creative flow of the overall goals.
- Travel to away games during the season and major offseason events including Pro Bowl, Draft and Combine?
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or professional certification
- 3-5 Years’ experience in shooting, editing and graphics
- Extensive skills in Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient with lighting set up and equipment
- Knowledge of basic news gathering techniques
- Background in shooting football and working knowledge of the game itself
- Expert at outputting video for a web based format
- A strategic thinker who can make the case for taking calculated risks
- Excellent interpersonal, and verbal communication skills
- Able to simultaneously manage a high level of detail across multiple projects
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and quickly adapt to changes while maintaining high levels of productivity and effectiveness under pressure?
- Candidate must be available to work extended hours during the NFL season, training camp and NFL Draft, including weekends and holidays.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and writing skills.
- Proficient with time management.
- Some experience with and knowledge of Photoshop and graphic manipulation.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with great attention to detail.
- Experience in the sports and entertainment industries is ideal.
- Possess a working knowledge of and passion for football.