JOB SUMMARY: The Kansas City Chiefs Information Technology department is seeking a full-time employee to assist with general help desk activities. The Service Desk Technician role is primarily responsible for monitoring all incoming technology requests and responding to said requests in a timely and professional fashion. Additional responsibilities include imaging and configuring end user devices, operating system and software support, mobile phone and tablet support, and printer and copier troubleshooting. This individual is required to know and observe all company and departmental processes and procedures.
The position will be based out of the Kansas City Chiefs Training Facility with some work performed off-site at our sister company, Hunt Midwest Enterprises. The position requires some travel in July/August for training camp in St. Joseph‚ MO. During the season this position will be expected to work some evenings and holidays, and occasional weekends for team/gameday support. All supplies‚ equipment, and travel expenses are provided‚ covered, or reimbursed.
1. Monitor our Service Desk application for any and all incoming requests from our football and administrative staff
2. Provide technical support and training to end users as-needed
3. Assist with installation‚ relocation‚ troubleshooting, repairs and upgrades of new and existing equipment (laptops, desktops, cell phones, tablets, copiers, printers, etc.)
4. Install and upgrade desktop operating system and application software (Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, etc.)
5. Monitor inventory levels of supplies (toners, cables, adapters, etc.)
6. Observe all department, company, and league mandated policies and procedures.
1. Customer Service – Exhibits patience, calm, and professionalism in dealing with end users at all times.
2. Communication Skills – Able to speak and write clearly and effectively.
3. Motivation – Demonstrates personal motivation and encourages others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
4. Analytical Skills – Able to synthesize information to develop solutions that are effective and timely.
5. Technical Skills – Able to work with numerous types of hardware and software; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares knowledge with others to build competency.
1. Occasional lifting of laptops, desktops, printers, and other equipment.
2. Light office duties and activities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS):
· Any combination of education and training equivalent to possession of a bachelor's degree in computer science, information engineering, or other related areas.
· Some previous experience serving in a help desk role is preferred.
· Customer service and communication skills are imperative.
· Should have strong analytical skills as pertains to troubleshooting and problem resolution.
· Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely.