The Washington Redskins Operations Department is seeking a Part-Time Event Services Manager to support in the execution of 300+ events that takes place at both FedExField and Redskins Park during the calendar year. This position is a 30-hour per week maximum (hourly wage position) with no opportunity for benefits.
This position is designed for local professionals or sport management graduates seeking to supplement their income with an additional part-time job, while at the same time being involved the high-energy and highly rewarding business of event management. The candidate will have the opportunity to learn about the responsibilities of a National Football League operations staff while working as a part-time member of the department and assisting in its day-to-day event functions. Involvement in special events includes, but are not limited to Stadium Tours, Concerts/Festivals, Ride & Drives, Corporate Conventions, Hospitality Receptions, Weddings, Football Camps/Clinics, Sponsor Events and Holiday Parties.
Candidates must be able to work extended hours including some nights and weekends during event periods. A background in sport management is strongly encouraged, but not required.
The Washington Redskins are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
- Act as the primary Event Day Manager for (Non-NFL) events representing the Washington Redskins with various clients and sponsors utilizing FedExField or Redskins Park
- General Logistics management – including the possibility of set-up/break-down of an event space, conducting inventory, etc.
- Event oversight of Washington Redskins partners and contractors
- Direct supervision of Washington Redskins part-time event staff – including hourly management, position assignment and personnel management
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests attending both FedExField and Redskins Park by answering all questions as necessary
- General office work to include email, phones, managing time sheets etc.
- Perform additional duties as required by the Operations and Special Events staff
- This position is for local professionals or sport management graduates seeking to supplement their income with an additional part-time job, while at the same time being involved the high-energy and highly rewarding business of event management.
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Polite, positive, self-starter who can work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong work ethic
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office proficient)
- Team player able to handle a variety of tasks
- Ability to handle physical requirements of job including setting up equipment for events and other light to medium lifting. Must be able to stand for long periods of and walk long distances
- Proven experience to appropriately work with and around confidential information is necessary
If you wish to become a part of this dynamic, fast-paced organization and you meet the requirements listed above, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume.