The Washington Redskins Communications Department offers public relations gameday staff positions. The intern will have the opportunity to learn about the responsibilities of a National Football League public relations staff while working as a member of the department and assisting in its gameday functions in the press box at FedExField.
A background in public/media relations or sport management is strongly encouraged. Candidates must possess strong written and oral communication skills.
Gameday Staff Responsibilities (ALL 2017 home Redskins games)
- Assist with ALL preseason, regular season and postseason home games.
- Facilitate various requests by media members for information, statistics, etc.
- Assist in distribution of credentials and statistics.
- Assist in transcribing and distribution of post-game press conferences and quotes.
- Monitor player interviews.
- Maintain the press box at FedExField, keeping it fully stocked with updated team information.
- Prepare press box for game day.
- Research statistical information for management, coaches, scouts and internal department as needed.
Gameday Staff Requirements:
· Must attend ALL preseason, regular season and postseason home games.
· Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
· Strong writing skills.
· Detail-oriented and organized.
· Can work independently when given a task and have the focus to follow through & follow-up if problems arise.
· Team player humble enough to handle a variety of tasks; no job beneath them.
· Ability to interact with players, staff and the community in a professional manner.
· Proven experience to appropriately work with and around confidential information is necessary.
Reports to: Senior Vice President; Director of Communications; Media Services Manager; Corporate Communications Manager
Please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume, including at least three references. Writing samples may be requested by the organization at a later date.